Studio47
Hi! Member of the forum? Please log in. If you are not a member, why not take the time to register and access all our features? Thanks!
Studio47
Hi! Member of the forum? Please log in. If you are not a member, why not take the time to register and access all our features? Thanks!
Studio47
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Art posting and discussion

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What makes good art good?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
doki
dokiElite Member

What makes good art good? Empty
PostSubject: What makes good art good?   What makes good art good? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:16 pm

I was doing an essay on this and thought "hey why not put it on here as well?"

So I think that what makes an art piece good is either something that sticks with me or makes me think "oh wow that's so amazing"
Back to top Go down
https://www.weasyl.com/profile/doki
CrimsonRed
CrimsonRedModerator

PostSubject: Re: What makes good art good?   What makes good art good? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:24 pm

What makes art good is something that everyone, in particularly the artist, likes it.
Back to top Go down
http://crimnsonred.deviantart.com
-Space-
-Space-Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What makes good art good?   What makes good art good? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:26 pm

What makes a good art piece is when you yourself put plenty of work into it (GO HOME HATERS YOU'RE DRUNK!)
Back to top Go down
Ruko
RukoModerator

PostSubject: Re: What makes good art good?   What makes good art good? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Good art is something that effectively conveys an idea and/or an emotion.
Back to top Go down
Cowlicks
CowlicksElite Member

PostSubject: Re: What makes good art good?   What makes good art good? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Ruko wrote:
Good art is something that effectively conveys an idea and/or an emotion.

This definitely, couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
Iapetus
IapetusAdmin

PostSubject: Re: What makes good art good?   What makes good art good? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 pm

doki wrote:
I was doing an essay on this and thought "hey why not put it on here as well?"

So I think that what makes an art piece good is either something that sticks with me or makes me think "oh wow that's so amazing"

Good Art:

What makes good art good? Real_art_by_blankyu-d5kici2

Bad Art:

What makes good art good? Blubberfly_by_beyx-d5kheo9

Back to top Go down
http://studio74.69.mu
doki
dokiElite Member

PostSubject: Re: What makes good art good?   What makes good art good? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:31 pm

Well I mean it just has to be something that successfully conveys what the artist meant for it to mean as well.

It's such a wide topic. I mean people could like something and say it's good art because it's very realistic.

While an abstract artist could paint something and people could like it because it could mean something that you can't show with a normal situation.
Back to top Go down
-Space-
-Space-Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: What makes good art good?   What makes good art good? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:04 pm

you have a point
Back to top Go down
Reddy_Boi

PostSubject: Re: What makes good art good?   What makes good art good? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Well it's hard to determine what "good" art is. Depends on what "good" means to you. You could think of it subjectively, going into your feelings and saying "Hey, why does this art appeal to me?". Good art, isn't restricted by just visual arts, it can be anything. You can objectively define both art and good. Like this:

Good-
Adjective:
To be desired or approved of.

Noun:
That which is morally right; righteousness.

Art-
The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture,...: "the art of the Renaissance"

Works produced by such skill and imagination.

So desired expression of skill and imagination? Morally righteous expression of creativity, imagination, and skill? Math is an art, a lot of things in art are taken from concepts in art, fractals, those make up the earth and provide such beauty and abstract ideas.

Good art viewed by many is showing detail, showing detail can have you sense the emotion that it's trying to give off so much more. Like a picture of a person, if it were very detailed you could sense the emotion because every little detail to give off that emotion is present. That's why some call it "good art", just through how they perceive it.

But what I think about this question "What makes good art good?", I think that good art is what the artist enjoys, the audience loves, and conveys some kind of moral. There is no such thing as "bad" art, if the art isn't good. It's just exceptional art.

Art is just expression of imagination, creativity, and skill. So I'll reword the question for you. What is a morally righteous way of expressing imagination, creativity, and skill?
Back to top Go down
]{haos
]{haosAdmin

PostSubject: Re: What makes good art good?   What makes good art good? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:53 pm

To have meaning.
To ask questions.
To make us think.
Back to top Go down
doki
dokiElite Member

PostSubject: Re: What makes good art good?   What makes good art good? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:26 pm

]{haos wrote:
To have meaning.
To ask questions.
To make us think.

In all honesty anything can make you think. Art is such an opinionated subject that its confusing on how to even classify art. As redd said even math can be art.

The Webster Dictionary defines art as "something with an artistic attempt".

Although its interesting to think how some pieces are exceptional compared to others. Why was cubism popular after the artist died? Why do some art styles appeal to more people than another?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes good art good?   What makes good art good? Empty

Back to top Go down

What makes good art good?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Studio47 :: Discussionthrough and fuck him in my automobile Let him eat it with his grills, he keep tellin' me to chill He keep telling me it's real, that he love :: Debates-