Studio47
Hi! Member of the forum? Please log in. If you are not a member, why not take the time to register and access all our features? Thanks!
Studio47
Hi! Member of the forum? Please log in. If you are not a member, why not take the time to register and access all our features? Thanks!
Studio47
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Art posting and discussion

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Concerns with the upcoming vote

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Umbrellla
UmbrelllaModerator

Concerns with the upcoming vote Empty
PostSubject: Concerns with the upcoming vote   Concerns with the upcoming vote EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Hello!

I'd post this on the original forums, but... you know.

So, some of us lovely studio 47'ners have some concerns about the upcoming vote that would be facilitating which site we stay on. Several members believe that rules are being put into play that may hinder them from voting. From what I have heard:

- Members that came over to the new site, but weren't consider to be "active", despite making and account and posting don't have a say.
- Voting is only taking place here.

When the idea of testing the new forum testing was posted, I don't remember that set of rules being there. One cannot add rules as one sees fit when it applies to more than their own opinion. I'm pretty sure that we were supposed to meet back at old S47 after a week, then we would vote. We all want to be able to vote out our opinions, so let's keep it that way so every member of the original can do so. haha

~love, Brella.

Last edited by Umbrellla on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iapetus
IapetusAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Concerns with the upcoming vote   Concerns with the upcoming vote EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Umbrellla wrote:
We all want to be able to vote out our opinions, so let's keep it that way so every member of the original can do so.

Yes, I agree. None of the new members that came here should really have a say- sorry. It's biased and one sided if so.
Back to top Go down
http://studio74.69.mu
IndustrialPancake
IndustrialPancakeMember

PostSubject: Re: Concerns with the upcoming vote   Concerns with the upcoming vote EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Well said, bral. Then there's also the issue that people who didn't come over wouldn't be about to vote. If people don't want to leave, they can't be forced out. It isn't ethical, at least not in my opinion. If they won't be included in the vote, the old forum needs to be reopened. In the case that they aren't included and the votes passes for this forum, they'd be essentially kicked out of a place they had no intention of deserting.
Back to top Go down
-Space-
-Space-Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Concerns with the upcoming vote   Concerns with the upcoming vote EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:47 pm

agreed
Back to top Go down
le Luisant Gelée
le Luisant GeléeMember

PostSubject: Re: Concerns with the upcoming vote   Concerns with the upcoming vote EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:14 pm

I agree with Umbrella. As much as I do like the new members, they weren't given the opportunity to experience the forums as they currently are, when the board is online. I say in this aspect, they should not be allowed votes on this particular decision.
Back to top Go down
]{haos
]{haosAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Concerns with the upcoming vote   Concerns with the upcoming vote EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Okay, since everyone agrees, you guys can go post the poll back at the other site.
I'll stay here till it's been made. Then I'll go vote and come back.
Back to top Go down
Reddy_Boi

PostSubject: Re: Concerns with the upcoming vote   Concerns with the upcoming vote EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Yes I agree, just because somebody isn't spamm- I mean "being active" doesn't mean that they don't get the "privilege" vote. What Brella said is true you can't just add rules as you see content. The whole idea of this place was simply to test the site- not be an active member. Most of the activity that took place here was just spam anyway.

Only people who made an account here, and were active get a say, huh? The people who shouldn't get a say are people who are new, people who don't know what we put in to this site for the past 2.5 years, not people who didn't make an account because they don't want to move; people not being privileged to vote because of their opinion? Because they KNOW what they've put into the site, and don't want to leave it behind?

I'm just tired of the dictatorship going on here. RH/S47/C47 tries to come off as a democracy voicing our opinions, either for or against. All opinions are opened, either they were active or not. And if you don't let those people vote, I'd rather stay on the old forum and do something with it.

Back to top Go down
Chezerony
ChezeronyDedicated Member

PostSubject: Re: Concerns with the upcoming vote   Concerns with the upcoming vote EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:35 pm

Never occurred to me. But I agree.
Back to top Go down
IllusDark8
IllusDark8Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Concerns with the upcoming vote   Concerns with the upcoming vote EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:29 pm

I agree.
Back to top Go down
http://illusdark8.com
Ruko
RukoModerator

PostSubject: Re: Concerns with the upcoming vote   Concerns with the upcoming vote EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:25 am

Reddy_Boi wrote:
dictatorship
oh gosh, there's that word again...

So has the poll been made yet?
Back to top Go down
Iapetus
IapetusAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Concerns with the upcoming vote   Concerns with the upcoming vote EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:55 am

Ruko wrote:
Reddy_Boi wrote:
dictatorship
oh gosh, there's that word again...

So has the poll been made yet?
It'll be made tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://studio74.69.mu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerns with the upcoming vote   Concerns with the upcoming vote Empty

Back to top Go down

Concerns with the upcoming vote

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1